Sunday, February 3, 2013

Little India

Little India is a small part of Singapore with, you guessed it, a higher Indian population.

 It was a relief to get out of the mall district (somewhat of the Capitol from the Hunger Games) and find something less western more eastern.

The buildings were very colonial, there were temples with colorful gods who sometimes were animals or had multiple arms, and there were touristy markets (always fun to walk through, I bought a purse with elephants on it).

We found a market with fresh vegetables, fruits and fish (I avoided that part).

My favorite part was the chai tea.  It is served hot, and is basically black tea with condensed milk and various spices (I never knew this before coming here).  Very good!  And good for you.  (Probably not, I made that up.)






No comments:

Post a Comment